Apartment 1B

I forgot to post this entry on Apartment 1B, the quaint restaurant at the ground floor of Lafayette along Sedeno in Makati. Of course, this entry may be too late, since Apartment 1B is already considered one of the worthy restaurants in the city. I was excited to try everything in their limited menu, since I was so hungry (hence, takaw-tingin). Here's what we had:


For Starters, the New Zealand Mussels. This dish was supposed to be a starter, but it was more of an entree! Well, mussels from New Zealand are huge, but they served a lot of it. They were both fresh and refreshing. We even ordered extra bread, that was also excellent.


The first entree was the Pasta, the Spaghetti Vongole. It was a spaghetti with manila clams, white wine, olive oil and garlic. It was not a good choice, since the starter tasted similar to this dish. Just change the mussels to clams, and make it spicier and throw in some spaghetti. We just wanted some pasta, so this was the choice. It wasn't bad though.


I had the Roasted Half Chicken, which was indeed a big half chicken. The chicken was done just right, its juices oozing excessively from the succulent meat and perfectly burnt skin. It was my meal, since I am a white-meat type of guy. After devouring five big bites of white meat, I was already stuffed.


The servings in Apartment 1B are huge, so make sure you know how to control ordering. Share your dish with your friends. That's a great way of tasting a lot of treats. We still had some space left for dessert though, so we just had them bring the best. They served us the White Toblerone Cheesecake. And yes, it was indeed satisfying enough to make me rethink my previous list of the best cheesecakes in town. The cheesecake itself was moist and creamy, and the crust was homemade goodness. I remember the crust of the cheesecake of the my mom with this one. It was a great ending.


Apartment 1B calls their dishes gourmet comfort food. The gourmet I can see. The comfort food I can tell. But in the end, I think what they're trying to say is that their food is satisfying, food you love made even better. I can think of a whole lot more comfort food, but what they serve is enough to make you come back for more. See you at breakfast!

(pardon the ugly pictures, taken using my camera phone)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Us-Usan Island: Guimaras

The Beach House at Kawayan Cove