Thursday, May 6, 2010

Boracay: Top Beach Destination in Asia

Finally, a much deserved promotion on the Philippines. Tripadvisor, one of the most informative and reliable travel blogs in the world has come out with the 2010 Travelers' Choice Awards with 3 destinations in the Philippines landing in this coveted list.



Boracay has landed on the top spot for beach and sun destinations in Asia, beating the Maldives and all the other islands of Thailand. It is also no. 9 for beach and sun destinations in the world and no. 9 again for Relaxation and Spa in Asia. Interestingly, I found out that I have no entry on Boracay in this blog. Weird. Though I haven't been back to the island since 2008. This is the longest time that I haven't been back. I hope to revisit this June, and finally, have a comprehensive series on this tropical paradise.


Then, the two wonders of Palawan, El Nido and Coron, land on 5th and 6th spot respectively for Outdoor and Adventure destinations in Asia. El Nido also landed no. 8 in beach and sun destinations in Asia. Palawan is already getting a lot of recognition lately, and it's about time. El Nido is less crowded and more pristine than the Phi Phi Islands in Thailand.


We really have a lot to brag about, considering that Caramoan, which has the same limestone landscape as El Nido or Coron, is not yet known worldwide. Here's a picture of Caramoan in Camarines Sur in Bicol:


Check out the entire list here

11 comments:

  1. Lovely photos, there a good atmosphere there, mostly at nightlife...


    Tanya Gemarin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Boracay it was a wonderful vacation that presented peace and recreation. What I
    love about the place is snorkeling, strolling, shopping, eating, and walking barefoot on
    the white pure sand, most specially i got my trip to Boracay for a cheap boracay packages with airfare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wondering why My partner and i never imagined of that?
    Look into my blog ... Genital Wart Cure

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boracay is indeed the top beach destination in Philippines where any tourists loved to visit. I really love to travel and I went a year ago in sol marina de boracay with my friends, it is indeed a great place. Its white sand beach and the crystal blue water really attract the vacationers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this paragraph is nice, my younger sister is analyzing these kinds of things, therefore I am going to tell her.


    Here is my web site :: Accommodation In Durban Umhlanga Rocks Self Catering

    ReplyDelete
  6. This іs гeally intегesting, Yοu're a very skilled blogger. I'vе joined
    your rss feeԁ and looκ foгwarԁ
    to ѕeekіng morе of your magnificent pοst.

    Also, I've shared your web site in my social networks!

    Also visit my web site ... 5 Star Hotels Pretoria South Africa

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so awesome! I don't think I have read through something like this before. So good to find someone with unique thoughts on this topic. Seriously.. many thanks for starting this up. This web site is one thing that is required on the internet, someone with some originality!

    Here is my blog; pattaya girls

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've made some good points there. I looked on the web to learn more about the issue and found most individuals will go along with your views on this website.

    My webpage - Boracay tourist spots

    ReplyDelete
  9. What's Taking place i'm new to this, I stumbled upon this I have found It positively helpful and it has aided me out
    loads. I hope to give a contribution & assist different
    users like its aided me. Good job.

    My web site: Where Is Hazelmere Dam

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you would like to grow your know-how only keep visiting this
    site and be updated with the newest gossip posted here.


    Look at my blog :: travel features

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails