The Shangri-la Boracay Experience: Part 3

It is often said that the "flaw" of Shangri-la Boracay is the beach. Well, if one compares the sand quality of the resort's private beach to White Beach, then it is really inferior. 




But after traveling to a lot of beaches, I began to appreciate more than just the sand quality. There are a lot of factors that make a good beach. And one of the factors that Shangri-la Boracay has is exclusivity. Aside from a tranquil scenery, the cove of Shangri-la's private beach fits well.


Again, it is not White Beach, so don't expect perfect Boracay sand. It was still nice beach to sunbathe on. Unlike Shang Mactan's manicured beach, this feels all natural and more expansive as well.


Shangri-la Boracay actually has another beach that they call semi-private, meaning it shares the beach with other resorts. I forgot the the name of the beach, but it is the one with the former Club Panoly is located. Now that Panoly is closed, the beach feels more private than ever.


And more gorgeous. Now this was what I call a beach - and the picture above shows how pristine it is. You wouldn't think it is still in Boracay. The sand is finer, and closer to White Beach's. The water is also clearer and the softness of sand stretches further down the shore.


It was of course, wider and longer, probably 600 meters long from end to end. The sand quality gets better as you move further away from Shangri-la and Panoly.


There aren't any other resorts here, but there were some houses of locals who tired to offer me seafood in a makeshift restaurant. I politely declined and walked down further. I was already seeing Alta Vista de Boracay on top of a hill, when I saw this cove at the end.


I like it that there are still parts of Boracay that are still quiet. I can only wish that the government really plans the island's development and maintain beaches that are free from clutter and crowds. When I was heading back, I began to ponder on the beauty of Boracay. It was my first time to get into another beach out of White Beach and Bulabog. Boracay is indeed an island gem worthy of international recognition.


So that ends Part 3, and the finale follows. Here's a preview: I had a great experience for one night that we decided to go back on our last night in Boracay. But we didn't just book a room. Yes, the picture shows them all. The best is yet to come, next.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Us-Usan Island: Guimaras

Nagarao Island: Guimaras