Bluewater Panglao

Our newest resort experience was spontaneous. I thought of going to Bohol because I finished my work early in Cebu. Since I need to do some work in Bohol as well, I decided to stay at one of the newest resorts in the island - Bluewater Panglao.



Transfers from Tagbilaran is P600 per car which can fit 4 people. You can also opt to go on your own to the resort which is just beyond Alona Beach. Bluewater Panglao is the third resort from the Bluewater group of Cebu (Maribago and Sumilon). I have been a fan of Maribago and Sumilon, so I had my hopes when I booked a room for a night. The rate for a Friday was P6,000 nett with breakfast for two. 



The room design and size was similar to the other Bluewater properties. Two queen sized beds can easily fit 4 adults. The room had a comfortable ethnic design, and the beds seem to float.


I loved the bathroom, which was again spacious. There was a skylight roof that provided an outdoor garden ambience.


We were also provided some lemonade as welcome drinks and coconut rice cakes. There wasn't wifi in the room, but you can get a signal at the veranda.


The main pool was huge and became the center of attraction in the resort. The rooms in the ground floor all open up to this pool, so from your veranda, you can jump straight into the water.


There was also a cabana for treatments in Amuma Spa, Bluewater's spa brand. I forgot to ask though if there was another building or rooms for spa treatments. The placement of the cabana was a little off, since it was near the lobby, and even the driveway area. No privacy at all. I actually thought it was just a display.


The resort was split into two, the main buildings and the restaurant and beach area. The owners may have plans for the middle portion of the resort, since it was an empty garden only. There are around 5 villas facing the expansive garden.


It was a nice walk to the other end of the resort where the restaurant was located. As I surveyed the place, I really thought that the owners built the resort with weddings in mind. This was a resort made for weddings.


I can just imagine pictorials on this quaint bridge, or along this stone path...


with a backdrop of a cascading waterfall.


The Aplaya restaurant can accommodate around 120 people. Again, it was truly made for events. The restaurant was airy and had a very relaxing atmosphere. I just wished they changed the chairs to make it more comfortable.


Beside the restaurant was an infinity pool, which no one seems to use. It was perfect for pictorials, and not so much for swimming. It overlooked the open sandy area which is again perfect for weddings.


Here's the thing for Bluewater Panglao: there is no beach. It's a rocky coastline with spots of sand under shallow murky waters. So, do not expect an Alona Beach experience here. You can do a lot of water sports though, like kayaking, bobbie cat sailing (in season) and snorkeling in the nearby reef.


The resort is really more for relaxation for me, and if you are a first time visitor in Bohol, you may be itching for more. Bluewater Pangalo is for those who want to escape, amidst a tranquil and more private setting. 


Bluewater Panglao is not what I expected it to be, since I was already a fan of both Sumilon and Maribago. They also have one of the friendliest staff I have encountered. The resort in Panglao is somewhat unfinished, and needs more facilities considering that it is a resort that's out of the way. Nevertheless, in my short stay here, Bluewater Panglao provided me with a satisfying mid luxury experience that is not pretentious. 


***

Danao, Panglao Island
Bohol, Philippines 6340
Phone: (63 38) 416 0695 or 416 0696






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Us-Usan Island: Guimaras

The Beach House at Kawayan Cove