Sugarland Hotel Bacolod

Bacolod may not trigger as a choice destination for travelers, except say for its famous Maskara Festival and cuisine. I always pass up chances to go to Bacolod, since I always end up pounds heavier. There are several new hotels in Bacolod, but one of my original favorites is the Sugarland Hotel. 



Sugarland is located on the Southern end of Lacson St., so it's not really in the center of things. Although the Gaisanao Grand Mall is located 5 minutes away. Sugarland is already an institution in Bacolod, having hosted several dignitaries and famous people such as former US President Jimmy Carter. It has been in operation for more than 35 years already, but do not worry. It has been renovated already, so it now looks more modern and new.


I love Sugarland because it is still a peaceful kind of hotel. L'Fisher is too busy for me, being the top hotel in the city. Sugarland, at times, can exude a very relaxing ambience, especially when you enter their lobby.


The rooms are basic, functional and clean. You will really notice that they are refurbished, and they could have upgraded the baths better. In any case, I slept well in their beds, and that is a plus already.


I particularly loved their pool, which is more of an ornament to the place. I have never seen anyone swim here ever, probably because of its open location. Breakfast is served beside it, so my mornings are always great here.


Sugarland Hotel provides a satisfying experience. It does make me feel at home, especially with a very friendly staff. I always go back to my favorites, and Sugarland is high above that list.


Araneta Street, Singcang, Bacolod City
+63 34 435 2690 to 99



Comments

  1. Wow... I'll be in Luzon this coming August and I and my family have been thinking about where to have a vacation. I'll really convince my mom to spend our vacation in Bacolod...

    Em,
    Philippine Travel

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Us-Usan Island: Guimaras

The Beach House at Kawayan Cove