Camps Bay: Cape Town

Finally. After 2 days of driving, we finally made it to Cape Town from Franschhoek. Cape Town was beautiful with its villas, cafes and beachside restaurants. Of course, Table Mountain made a huge impression. But the first thing that popped in my head was the beach. I was itching for sand.


We got off the M4 highway and followed the signs for Camps Bay, the most popular beach in Cape Town. The area was very busy, and had a bit of a traffic jam as I exited the highway.


Cape Town seemed to be my kind of city, very laid back and has the best of both worlds - mountains and beaches. Camps Bay is the epitome of a South African beach. There were several beachcombers laid out on the ash colored sand, with the mighty Atlantic crashing onto the shore. Though I yearned to visit Zanzibar first, I guess, I have to make do with the beaches of Cape Town.




Despite the cold waters, people were swimming in the safer parts of the bay. Camps Bay is also Cape Town's largest beach, so expect it to be the most crowded. I was told that the jet set crowd would lay their bums at Clifton's Beach.


Restaurants and cafes line the streets of Camps Bay, reminiscent of a baywalk at the French Riviera. We had our lunch in an Italian restaurant. Afterwards, we bought some gear, so we could hit the beach. And just like that, we were beach bumming.


It was already 4PM, so we had little time to relax. We  tried to brave the freezing waters, but backed on. I just decided to relish the views while I laid on my back under the setting sun. What a great way to settle into Cape Town.


Comments

  1. I really enjoy the scenery in Paarl when im on vacation, beautiful place to have a spa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Capetown is my dream destination... i wish i can visit that place too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Us-Usan Island: Guimaras

The Beach House at Kawayan Cove