Sarangani Highlands

General Santos has grown over the past years. When I first visited the city 7 years ago, Manny Pacquiao was not the attraction here. I passed by the city again two years ago, and was amazed at how much the city has transformed, and how the Pacquiao name is synonymous already with the city. This year, I made it to the southernmost city in the Philippines, the tuna capital and discovered a new resort that got me really excited. 


Situated on top of a hill, providing commanding views of the Saranggani Bay, the Sarangani Highlands resort is one of the more popular destinations in the General Santos. Although it is located 30 minutes away from the city center, you will see a lot of balikbayans visiting the place for a day, or just simply to have lunch or dinner in. 


I was pleasantly surprised when I entered the resort. After ascending in a dirt path, I was expecting to be in the middle of nowhere. I couldn't figure out what the resort will look like given the surroundings. It looked like we were going to some barren land. But as you can see from the pictures, Sarangani Highlands is overflowing with lush vegetation.


I admire the Filipino design and architecture of the resort. I actually felt like I was in San Pablo in laguna, like Casa San Pablo or even Kusina Salud. I checked in my room, which was on the ground floor of the building.


The room was very basic but spacious. It felt empty in a way, and had a lot of amenities lacking. But at P1,800 per night, I think what I paid for was worth it. There is even a family room at an amazing rate of P2,250 that has 7 single beds, perfect for barkadas.


The hotel is really not the main draw in the resort. Their garden restaurant is. Beautifully landscaped, the restaurant offers a very laid back and relaxing atmosphere. No wonder people go out of their way to have lunch here.


The resort is also a popular wedding venue. It also has a medium sized function room, that is used for corporate outings and as another venue option when it rains.


With a setting like this, it is indeed perfect for celebrating special occasions. There is a huge tented area for private functions that overlook the bay.


They have rustic cabanas draped in bouganvilla, perfect for a romantic evening even. And their view deck reminds me of Tagaytay as well. Sarangani Highlands boasts of a natural setting that I think makes it a must visit destination. 


Sarangani Highlands is my choice of accommodation in GenSan, if you need not be in the city. It is actually closer to the airport, so you can spend a night here before leaving GenSan. As their website states, it is paradise indeed.


***

Purok Wal, Tambler, General Santos City 9500 Philippines
Tel. +63 83 5543336, 3040752
Fax. +63 83 5543336
Cell. no. 09228590043





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Us-Usan Island: Guimaras

Nagarao Island: Guimaras