Fairways and Bluewater Boracay

Everybody loves White Beach, so most prefer to stay on this side of Boracay. However, just as I learned recently, there is more to White Beach in Boracay. It started actually when I fell in love with Shangri-La, that piece of heaven that made me forget all together that I was in Boracay. And that's a big feat. Then, I got to savor sleeping in Bulabog which was a treat as well. Now, I got to stay in one of the biggest resort developments in the island, and also one of the first massive developments as well. This is Fairways and Bluewater.



I mut admit, there had been a lot of negative press about Fairways. Even I didn't bother to stay here. But since I was to hold an event here, I got a little curious to that this expansive resort complex that is known for the only golf course in the island was really like. 


Fairways and Bluewater feels more like Punta Fuego than Boracay. As soon as I entered the gates, I felt this weird empty grandness. The accommodations are split up into clusters of buildings spread across the main avenue lined with verdant landscaping.


We entered one of the rooms, which was a 1-bedroom suite. I was actually impressed with the room, since it was huge and well-appointed sans the smell of stale paint and unwashed wood. The suites that range from 1 to 3 bedrooms are perfect for families.


There are separate dining and living areas, so it really feels like home. Again, I totally forgot i was in Boracay. I saw the deluxe (standard rooms) and they also were not disappointing. 


Most rooms also have balconies with a view of the golf course if you're staying on the right side of the road entering the resort. I was disappointed though at the kind of service that the resort delivered. It was difficult to call for room service, and the buildings were manned by no one from the resort. Well, it's easier to understand the frustration, since the buildings are FAR away from the main reception areas. So you have to wait for a shuttle cart that goes around intermittently.  


Service is a definite must for any resort, so I was eventually irritated despite the different kind of experience Fairways offers in Boracay. I loved the pool which was probably the largest in the island as well. There were a few guests on site, so we had all the place to ourselves.


The breeze on this side of the island was also much cooler (we came in April), and the surrpundings more peaceful. 


There were several other places that you can visit, like the cave grotto beside the Maris Spa, which had treatment cabanas facing the beach and sea.



The beach here is also of the same quality as in White Beach, though this was a private and smaller cove. The water here during summer can get pretty and calm as I've been told. There are sea urchins though near the shore, so better watch out when swimming.


There is also another pool overlooking the sea in the golf clubhouse. It provides an amazing view of the beach and sea. This is a perfect place to watch the sunrise, as sunset is best on White Beach.


So, what's my over-all take on Fairways? Well, it's not as bad as I thought it would be, but the management can do a lot better in terms of service and maintenance. The resort looks really dated already, though the rooms look and feel new. I would stay in Fairways, if I wanted to escape the hustle and bustle of White Beach, or if I am with a family. Fairways offers free shuttle services to D'Mall as well (though not reliable), so you can still escape the calm when you want.


I stil would say to give Fairways a chance. I just wished the management can lower the prices, to encourage more room bookings. At rates at par with White Beach, it will be hard for them to attract the beach going crowd. I love the private beach of Fairways, and that's probably the only reason why I will book here - to be away from the crowds. But who goes to Boracay for that anyway?


***

Fairways and Bluewater
Newcoast, Boracay
+632 633 1393

Ambience: 3.5
Rooms: 3
Service: 2
Facilities: 3
Dining: 2.5
Over-all Experience: 2.5
IE Score: 2.67 (Fair)








Comments

  1. Really a place for relaxation,enjoyment and privacy.Boracay beach is gift with white sand,kind and very approachable citizens and beautiful resorts were in tourists will be well-accommodated, this is why tourists all over the world would come and visit this place.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Us-Usan Island: Guimaras

The Beach House at Kawayan Cove