Sardine: One of Bali's Best Eats

I like staying in Seminyak because it has more sophistication than rowdy Kuta. And a host of the  best restaurants in Bali can be found in this area, particularly in the Seminyak-Kerobokan circuit. One of my favorite dining spots serves up an interesting fusion of Asian and Western food - Sardine.




Ask anyone in the know in Bali and they will definitely recommend Sardine for lunch. At first, it really wasn't the food that excited me. It's the idea of dining amongst lily ponds and rice fields that got me persistent to make a reservation.


Sardine had this gorgeous backdrop of lush green rice fields that made the ambience so surprisingly relaxing. Bali does make the rice paddy its best accessory, as Metis, another top restaurant nearby, also has this backdrop. 


The food here is mostly seafood as you can see from the pictures. We ordered a whole range of dishes from fresh scallops, to grilled fish and prawn risotto. I insisted in ordering duck confit for more variety. The food did not lift me as much as I expected it to do. All I can say is, they were definitely fresh and organic tasting.




But dining in Sardine really goes beyond the food experience. It's really all about the view. And with something like this, you can easily get distracted.


I highly recommend lunch in Sardine, as it is also more affordable than dinner. I've never tried Sardine at night, so I don't know how the rice fields would look like. The cool freshness that the food and ambience serves makes its diners greatly satisfied, and thus craving for another experience at this wonderful place.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Us-Usan Island: Guimaras

Nagarao Island: Guimaras