W Bali: A Bit Disappointed

If you have been reading my blog, you would have noticed my love affair with the hotel group, W. This hotel chain fits me perfectly. I love its flair for design, its whenever, whatever service and of course, its style. I've been to the W in Bali before but I have never stayed here. So, in this trip, I decided to book one night before we head back home to Manila.



At first, the W in Bali seems to look the most tired of all W's I have been to in Asia. It is also one of the oldest, so it makes sense. They call this W Retreat Bali, since it's more of a resort than a hotel. 



Unfortunately, I had a bad experience in W Bali, since I made an error in booking on their mobile app. I entered the wrong date and for some reason, they didn't want to change it. I had already prepaid the room and there was no chance of refunding. I was very disappointed. Nevertheless, I went on and stayed the night.


Despite that mishap, I still felt at home with W Bali. This one though is the least decorative and interesting, from its lobby to the hallways to the room itself.


I found the bathroom to be a little bit dark, but I loved how playful it looked, with all these cute little bath trinkets.


Located in Seminyak, the W here is known for its sunset sessions. I was again unfortunate to have bad weather, and thus, the pool was closed for the afternoon. That was really bad timing



So, without anything left to do, we decided to go to the spa, which, like all other Away Spas was impressive. This retreat was more trendy than other Away Spas I've been to.



We had our dinner at Fire, just one of the 5 dining spots in the W Bali. We had a gastronomic feast of grilled meat and seafood. 


The highlight of the resort though is the WooBar, which is also one of Bali's best night spots. The WooBar here is like a club already, with several levels and different rooms. I really liked the design of this WooBar and I can say that it is the best WooBar in Asia.


All in all, the W Bali Retreat and Spa still manages to deliver what it promises, but my bad experience with check in and the relatively lackluster design of the rooms have tainted its appeal to me. I wasn't able to check out its villas, which I expect to be WOW as well. But until then, I will just have to settle with my usual sunset sessions at the W Lounge or WooBar. This is how roll in Seminyak anyway.

***

Jl. Petitenget, Kerobokan, Seminyak ,Bali
+62 361 4738106

Ambience: 4
Room: 3Service: 3Facilities: 4Dining: 4Over-all Experience: 3.5I.E Score: 3.58 (good)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Us-Usan Island: Guimaras

The Beach House at Kawayan Cove