El Nido Pangulasian: The Best in the Country So Far

So my El Nido adventure continues after staying 2 nights in Lagen. I knew about El Nido's new resort, Pangulasian Island. However, Pangulasian was more expensive and having 4 people in the trip will definitely hurt our budget.


After 2 days in Lagen however, I couldn't get Pangulasian off my head. I liked Lagen, but it's not as premium as it used to be. And here is Pangulasian, all new and reportedly superb, just nearby with all its powder white sand crashing idly onto its long smooth beach. So, being the impulsive me, I decided to transfer us to Pangulasian for a night.


We were picked up by a banca from Lagen that came from a tour of the Big Lagoon. We were ready for Pangulasian, but I tried to contain my excitement. I've been a victim of having high standards, and ending up disappointed in the end. It was a 40 minute ride to Pangulasian from Lagen. We passed by Entalula since it was just beside it. When we docked at the rocky side of Pangulasian island, I couldn't hide my eagerness anymore.


I actually ran down the plank of the boat and headed across the beach until I stepped foot on the lobby of the resort - the picture above. Think of my expression, eyes wide, mouth open, face all red. My first impression of the resort - class. Tropical class. 


In fact, I forgot that I was in El Nido. I've been to Phuket, Bali, Langkawi, Krabi, Redang, Samui and all other popular Asian resort islands. In fact, this resort didn't remind me of an Asian destination. It was more Maldives.



There are 3 types of accommodation in Pangulasian. The beachfront deluxe room, the pool villas and the cliffside (hilltop) villas. We got a beachfront and a pool villa so that we had variety. I don't remember checking in actually. The gracious resort manager welcomed us and led us directly to the golf carts that took us to our home for the night. 


The resort reminded me of my recent visit to the Velassaru in the Maldives. I loved how the resort is designed. It still retained the feeling of being with nature despite all the luxurious amenities it has in store, like a gym, a spa and 2 restaurants. We passed through sandy pathways and lush green foliage before arriving to our beachfront cottage. 


I took a deep breath as I stepped up into the cottage patio. I couldn't stop smiling or shaking my head in disbelief. There was a long day bed overlooking the sparkling white sands. The resort guy then opened the sliding glass doors of the room.


Boom. I stood outside for a while and took this picture. I can now say that this is one of the best rooms I have stayed in the Philippines. Previously, it was just Shangri-La Boracay's villas and Asya Premier's suites. Now, El Nido Pangulasian joins that exclusive club of rooms that are worth your big money. 


The bath is one of the most spacious as well I have ever seen. Though it doesn't have a bathtub, it has another long day bed or lounge where you can actually sleep on or read a book, while say someone is showering. Haha weird. 


And I almost forgot that the beach was just in front. As if the expansive patio and day beds weren't enough, two sun loungers lay on the beach, just on front of our cottage. 


I had to compose myself. This was just the beachfront cottage. We had another one, the pool villa. We hopped on the cart again and sped away to the very end of the resort, happily perched above jagged rocks on the shore.


I was already expecting a lot, after seeing the beachfront cottage. What I like about this pool villa (Villa no. 30) is its views. From the pool, you can see 270 degree views of sea, since it was at the tip of the island.



The room itself is pretty much the same as the beachfront cottage, so what you really get is just a pool. Sounds very cliche, but it is really perfect for a honeymoon escape. But honestly, I would prefer a beachfront more - especially if the sand and the sea is as beautiful as El Nido's. But that's me.


Pangulasian continued to impress me more, as we hurried over to the main pool. We passed by it on the way to the villa, and it immediately caught my attention. Just take a look at these pictures. 


This is the BEST resort pool in the country, beating my previous favorite in Shangri-la Boracay. This screamed class, luxury and relaxation all together. And with no one around, we felt so pampered like royalty. There was also a pool bar that served great mojitos. The next day, we just lay on the pool for the entire morning. It was that perfect and alluring. We forgot about the beach.


I was so impressed with Pangulasian, that I had to experience more of it. We booked massage treatments in the spa, since the resort offered us 2 complimentary ones.



Needless to say, the massage was excellent. You can also have the treatment at the comfort of your own room. They can even set up a massage bed right on the patio of your beachfront villa.


I have not yet been disappointed so far, from the prompt, friendly and sincere service, to the amazing rooms, to the spa and even the food. I was surprised that the food here is almost as expensive as Lagen's, but Pangulasian had more sophistication. I even requested for grilled scallops at midnight. If there's one thing that made Pangulasian not perfect is its breakfast. The bacon was not as crispy and the selection was limited. The scene was a little bit chaotic as well.


We've done the tours of El Nido already, so imagine, having this fabulous resort and still being able to experience the beauty and grandeur of El Nido. This indeed is the BEST resort in the country so far. I may yet have to visit Dedon Island and Huma, but Pangulasian just raised the bar to such a high level. 


To end, let me leave you with more pictures of the beach in Pangulasian. I think these pictures speak louder than my words. This is also one of the best beaches in the country.




I really am lost for words. I thought writing this post would be easy, as I was raving about every detail of the resort when I was there. I have told everyone about my experience. I have said it is the BEST resort so far in the country. The price to pay may be quite high, but the experience of escaping to El Nido Pangulasian will make you soar even higher.

All I can say is, don't think, book now!


***


El Nido Pangulasian
+63 (2) 813 0000
El Nido, Palawan

Ambience: 5
Rooms: 5
Service: 4.5
Facilities: 4.5
Dining: 3.5
Over-all Experience: 5
IE Score: 4.6 (Excellent)
Highest Rated Resort in Philippines


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Us-Usan Island: Guimaras

Nagarao Island: Guimaras