Breakfast at Cafe by the Ruins

Having breakfast in Baguio must be a treat, so we decided to have it in Cafe by the Ruins. It was my first time to have breakfast there, though I have visited the famous restaurant many times in the past. Breakfast is served here from 6:30 to 10:30 AM. As most places in Baguio, Ruins serves great bread, and they are particularly known for their whole wheat pandesal. An order of the Pandesal with Kesong Puti consists of 2 pieces of pandesal, the mouth watering kesong puti, with butter and delicious strawberry jam on the side.


Next up is the Shitake Mushroom Omelette. I always have eggs for breakfast, so I had to order this. Surprisingly, the dish was excellent. The shitake mushrooms were huge and tasty. You knew they were fresh.


Finally, my new addiction: the Classic Champorado. What made this Champorado special is the carabao milk that topped it. The chocolate was like Belgian, and the softness of the rice was perfect. It was also served with dried fish, like those served in provinces. I just absolutely loved the carabao milk as it blended with the chocolate soup. Yummy!



All in all, breakfast in Cafe by the Ruins was a hit to me. End your meal with exquisite Benguet Coffee and your day is made. I will go back just to have my Champorado again. I went back on our last day to learn that the Champorado is served all day. I wasn't able to order it though, since I was already full from my Pinikpikan dinner. So, when in Baguio, treat yourself to a sumptuous breakfast by the Ruins.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Us-Usan Island: Guimaras

The Beach House at Kawayan Cove