Not Too Late for Summer 2011

I hope it's not to late for me to present my wish list for this Summer of 2011. I have been seeking the best island escapes in the Philippines and South East Asia for 6 years already, and I have not been to these ones yet. I hope to make it before the rainy season begins.

1. Bukas Grande (Surigao del Norte)

My number 1 choice is a place that I wasn't able to visit when i went to Siargao. I believe that the islands of Surigao (Norte and Sur) are the next hotspots - may I say the next Palawan. When Dedon Island Resort hopefully opens this June in Siargao, I will definitely make the trip.

Photo by: siargaoislands.blogspot.com

2. Calicoan Island, Guiuan, Eastern Samar

I've always wanted to go, but its isolation meant I needed more time to get there and explore the place. But this picture of ABCD beach just makes me drop everything and leave. I'm not a surfer, but hopefully, I will be able to learn at the much talked about Surf Camp.

3. Bitaog Beach, Dinagat Islands

Dinagat Island is just northeast of Surigao del Norte, hence, you get the same quality of islands. And this picture of Bitaog Beach screams castaway. I really can't help but place my bets on these group of islands in the eastern seaboard of our beautiful country.

photo by Mike Durero

4. Cagbalete Island, Lamon Bay, Quezon

I've been hearing about this for years now. The never ending white sand seem to impress me, but I'm more curious about the other islands surrounding it like Balesin which has a private resort. Calaguas is in the same basin of water, so there must be promise in these islands.


5. Camotes Islands, Cebu

Please, once and for all, take me to Camotes. The last time we were in Cebu, we opted for Sumilon over Camotes. If I don't go now, I will never go in frustration. Same thing that happened to me with Batanes. And I don't care if I get disappointed or not. I just wanna see this place.

photo from philippine-hostpots.blogspot.com

So there, most of them again from the Visayas. I still have to find new beaches that's just 3 hours away from Manila. If you do have suggestions, please let me know. I don't know where to go anymore when I crave for sand and sun every Saturday morning. Till then, happy Summer!

Comments

  1. wow..gusto ko ung bitaog beach, dinagat island..sarap na feeling na para kng cast away..and ur al by urself solo mo ang buong isla...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wishlist ko din Siargao :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow great collection of beaches.These looking silent and beautiful.These island have great weather,not over crowded,,beautiful sandy beaches etc.I love to visit new places and islands.This is the best place to enjoy your vacation.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a great list! I'm always amazed by the beaches you feature here. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. we'll visit cagbalete this weekend. Crossed my fingers hoping for great weather! I expect jawdropping horizon of sands and skies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting and important information. It is really beneficial for us. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, thats very interesting information. I need to share with my friends.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Us-Usan Island: Guimaras

The Beach House at Kawayan Cove