Yello: Easy Budget Friendly Stays

There are several new accommodations open in Cebu City. On top of that list is probably Yello, a budget friendly boutique hotel that satisfies both business and leisure travelers. Let me take a step back.

When I go to Cebu, I usually stay at either Mactan or in Lahug. Even though Yello is not located in the central business districts, it is near enough for a good 15-minute walk to IT Park or Ayala Center Cebu. I say walk, but a 5-minuter taxi ride would be better.

What I like about Yello is it's charm. From the outside, you'll know that it is one modern hotel. I used to stay in a lot of these budget hotels in Thailand and Malaysia, so I was quite happy to see that Yello that sort of resemblance.


The lobby is well lit and functional. It is not as spacious, but a come-and-go hotel usually has this characteristic. The staff are well-trained and very blunt. Again, it is not what you may expect in 5-star hotels, but they get the work done. Check-in is fast and easy.


Now, I got a single room for only P1,500 a night with breakfast, so it's quite a deal. I was contended to see the room clean and spacious. Again, it has that flash packer feel. So, I instantly booked another two nights here after seeing the room. That's usually how I do it, especially for new hotels. I didn't know anything about it, so it was a gamble for me to take. Glad that it paid off.


There was a buffet breakfast, good enough for the price. I couldn't complain. I thought it had a lot of value already. The rooftop dining area was relaxing and conducive to socializing.


I would recommend Yello for those on a budget. I used to go to nearby Harold's for quick business trips which I pay by the way (entrepreneur blues, hehe). I am happy to see that Yello adds to the list of my budget places to go to when in Cebu. That leaves me for more to spend in Mactan, which is where I usually end my trips to Cebu.


________________________

Yello Hotel
Wilson St. Lahug, Cebu City
+63 32 346 7775
+63 917 849 4964
www.yellohotel.ph

________________________


Ambience: 3
Room: 3
Service: 3
Facilities:
Dining: 2
Over-all Experience: 3.5
IE Score: 2.91 (Good)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Us-Usan Island: Guimaras

The Beach House at Kawayan Cove