Awesome Siargao!

The journey started in windy Surigao City. I was in the gateway of Mindanao in Surigao del Norte for a video shoot, so as usual, I decided to stay behind for a weekend in Siargao Island. The tropical getaway facing the Pacific Ocean is of course known in the Philippines as a top surfing destination. However, Siargao ihas a lot more to offer, which I am excited to share in my next posts. This was the port in Surigao City. There are several ferries going to Siargao. Just ask any friendly tricycle driver to take you to the port. The safest ferries are the bigger ones, though there is now a flight going directly to Siargao via Cebu. This is the more popular route nowadays.


I arrived in Dapa town in Siargao 2 hours after. It was a long journey on rough waters, but I slept most of the way. From Dapa, I took another trike ride (P100) to General Luna, known for its beach. I opted to stay in General Luna as opposed to Cloud 9, since I wasn't a surfer.


I stayed in Patrick's by the Beach as recommended by my driver. I was supposed to check in at Cherinicole, but my driver told me it was cheaper and better in Patrick's. I told him I could take a look first before deciding. Fortunately, the resort was what I wanted, and Cherinicole was just beside it. Cheri was more modern looking, more concrete, while Patrick's was your typical island resort. This was my bungalow for 2 nights (P1,300 a night with A/C).


Patrick's had a nice beach front and you can easily view islands from the shore. One of the more popular island destinations in Siargao is Guyam Island, which is directly in front of the resort. More on Guyam in my next post.


So, after having a heavy lunch, I took a nap which took longer than I expected. I woke up at 7PM, and wasted the entire afternoon. I was just so tired from the trips that I have been making.


Anyway, I was beginning to feel that I had a lot to look forward to in Siargao. The vibe of the entire island was very laid back. The people were very friendly, and relaxed as well. As the night fell into my first day, I was eagerly restless for an adventurous day up ahead.

For more information on Patrick's on the Beach: visit their website.

Comments

  1. Great post and great photos !
    Be sure to check out Bamboo Garden in the North of the Island next time you are here , we have some spectacular Scenery around Pacifico, Burgos, and Santa Monica !
    http://www.go2siargao.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Us-Usan Island: Guimaras

Nagarao Island: Guimaras