White Sands in Tawi-Tawi

Landing in Tawi-Tawi was a dream. I never thought that this would be the year that I would be going to the Southern most province of the country. Hence, I didn't make any plans. I only have one night here, so I wanted to make the most out of the trip. Of course, that would mean hitting the beach.


After the frustrating no-beach experience in Sulu, I made sure I would be stopping by to get some sand on my feet. After all, I knew Tawi-Tawi was safe, and the people were nodding their heads when I kept asking if we could go to the beach. So, after work, we headed straight to the store, bought some beer and chips, and made out way South of town. Actually, there would be no problem looking for a beach here, since they're everywhere on the coast. We passed by a coastal road that had a lot of white coral beaches, but most of them had houses on stilts. So we moved further away from town to find a secluded spot.


And this is where we ended up in. Coconut trees were swaying to the gentle breeze. Tattered nipa shades were eager to hear visitors coming to sit under them. White coral sand stretched until the very end of the coastal line, with giant carved rocks waving a sweet hello to us. I never felt more at ease this year.


The unknown beach also had a stunning backdrop of Bud Bongao, who peeked intently through the coconuts trees as we jugged down beers and played with our camera shutters. The place looked like a mild storm passed by recently, but to me, it made the ambience more charming, more secluded, more of paradise.


I heard there are better white sand beaches in the southern islands of Tawi-Tawi, like Sibutul and Sitangkai. I was also told that there may be a possibility of me going there next year, if work pushes through.


Well, I really didn't care about fine white sand. I actually had seen more than enough here. For some reason, I felt at peace here, as I watched the waves from far away. Tawi-Tawi makes you feel so different, maybe because it makes you feel far away from home, even if you're still in the country.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Us-Usan Island: Guimaras

Nagarao Island: Guimaras