Joaquin's Bed and Breakfast Tagaytay

Joaquin's Bed and Breakfast along the main road of Tagaytay has always intrigued me. I never got the chance to stay overnight there though, until recently, when we were trying to find a place to stay for the night. We were supposed to book in Taal Vista, but when we passed by Joaquin's, I immediately hit the brakes of my car. 



We arrived late at night, so there wasn't anyone at the reception desk anymore. I had to call out someone to seek assistance. Finally, someone came out looking sleepy but still flashing a smile. I asked about the rates and availability. 


We were taken to the Upper Rooms that had private verandas at P3,800 a night. They were closest to the reception area, so I figured it was more convenient to stay here. The room was spacious with two huge queen sized beds that was definitely perfect for families.  I stepped out into the veranda and noticed that there were more rooms downstairs that opened into a private garden. Without hesitation, I asked to be transferred downstairs. 


Though more expensive at P4,800 a night, the rooms had a high ceiling and a little more spacious. I loved the homey and county atmosphere of the room. But of course, the reason why I wanted this room was that it opened to a garden.


And this garden had a wonderful view of Taal Lake, which we discovered of course in the morning. Our breakfast was also sent to the room, so we had a nice breakfast on the veranda. What a way to start a day indeed.


Our breakfast was excellent. We checked out soon afterwards. There still wasn't anyone around, so we had to search for the receptionist again. Their restaurant was already open. There was also an event space good enough for around 80 people with views of the lake. 


I was glad we finally took the opportunity to stay in Joaquin's. Though I still think prices are steep relative to the over-all value for money, Joaquin's is a decent choice in Tagaytay. It may not be as designer attractive as Theodore's or Boutique, but the cozy ambience makes up for that. 


***

Km 58 Aguinaldo Hi Way Maharlika, Tagaytay City
+63 46 483 0463


Ambience: 2.5
Rooms: 3
Service: 2.5
Facilities: 2
Dining: 3
Over-all Experience: 2.5
IE Score: 2.58 (Fair)








Comments

  1. Hi! Is this accessible/along the road? It's pretty and quaint :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, it's along the main road, towards the Wind Residences of SM, I think.

      Delete
  2. How was the food and how much?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't able to eat in their restaurant. Just had breakfast which came as part of the room package. Breakfast was noteworthy though.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Us-Usan Island: Guimaras

The Beach House at Kawayan Cove