Alila Villas Uluwatu: Bali's Best So Far

The title says it all and I am struggling to write this post as I see the pictures once again. Perched high above the dramatic cliffs of Uluwatu, the Alila Villas soars in every aspect of a resort experience.



We actually got a little lost finding paradise, as we drove through narrow winding roads to get here. As soon as the resort's signs were evident, we took breath of relief. But as we approached its expansive driveway, this sigh of relief turned into gasps of excitement that couldn't be contained. 


The Alila Villas was the most exquisite resort I have been to. Nearby was the Bvlgari, which also had this air of grandeur. But there was something about the Alila Villas that made me speechless and restless. 


Or maybe, it was everything - from the classy lobby, to the linear hallways, to the lush gardens and lily ponds that made every scene picture perfect. 


Okay, enough of this drama. So we checked in with ease and comfort, and was hied off to our villa via a golf cart. I still couldn't get over my entrance and initial impression, so when our guide opened the massive door to our villa, I almost died. 


Gasp. WHOA. Gasp. WHOA. I couldn't contain myself. I had to tell myself to calm down. Stop taking pictures. This was the best villa I have stayed in. It was massive, elegant, brilliantly designed. I  almost wanted to kneel in adoration of this temple of relaxation. 



Needless to say, it had everything we wanted. A separate bath and shower, which was both indoor and outdoor. Its toiletries and amenities can't be as complete, as the lot came with sunblock, lip balm, insect repellant and even pillow mist. There was a beach bag, sun hats, even a yoga mat for your own personal use. Everything can be found in this room.



So we struggled to leave this temple, and explore the resort more. And Alila Villas will continue to make your jaw drop until you don't have any left (haha). Friends, welcome to the best pool in the world. 


The sun lounges are spaced far from each other to give each guest as much privacy as possible. And the service is excellent, as they even serve you a basket of goodies, which also includes more sunblock and tanning lotion. 



I can definitely say that the resort's most impressive feature is this pool - like the one in your villa is not enough. And that thing that is jutting out to the horizon, that structure that hangs at the edge of the world, well, is just simply amazing. 



This cutting edge (literally) architecture is what makes the design of Alila Villas truly impressive. No wonder it is awarded several accolades for design and architecture. It just screams awesome.


We took a while here to have some cocktails while we watched the sun descend into the horizon. I've never seen the sky turn so deep in blue during sunset. 


Oh and the view? Well, just take a look - you can't get any more dramatic than this. This sweeping glory elevates the resort to a bucket list kind of way. You must go here at least once in your life.


So I've reached the end of this post and again, seeing these pictures just make me want to go back. And I will do so, probably to get married here or something. This place is perfect for momentous occasions, because everything here is perfect.


Alila Villas Uluwatu is now one of my favorite resorts in the world, and that is staying a lot. I don't usually go this dramatic over resorts, but its uniqueness in design and excellence in service are just worth every poetic description. This is as far as you can get to an unforgettable experience. 

***

Jl Belimbing Sari,
Banjar Tambiyak,
Desa Pecatu 80364
Bali, Indonesia
P : +62 361 848 2166
F : +62 361 848 2188


Ambience: 5Ambience: 5
Room: 4.5
Service: 4
Facilities: 4
Dining: 3.5
Over-all Experience: 4.5

IE Score: 4.25 (Excellent)
Highest Rated in Bali

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Us-Usan Island: Guimaras

Nagarao Island: Guimaras