El Nido's Top Beaches: Part 4: (Duli Beach)

Okay, the title may seem too exaggerated, the furthest point that I managed to drive to was Duli Beach. Dubbed as the surfing spot of El Nido, Duli Beach is a different world altogether. And was I glad to have made it this far.


There is nothing much about Duli on the Internet. That being said, I was more frantic than ever. I crossed my fingers that Duli would be a deserted beach, or at least not commercialized. Lo and behold, after minutes of seemingly endless unpaved road passing through small villages, I finally reached Duli Beach. 


Upon arrival, I was told to pay P20 entrance fee. The beach was perfect and Duli Beach was all that I expected it to be. No crowds, no buildings. I actually didn't feel that I was in El Nido. It was like some part of San Vicente, or Lio as I remembered it to be 15 years ago.



It was already noontime, and I was worried that I had nowhere to go for lunch. The beach was empty and there were no visible structures, except for one at the very end of the beach. I decided to walk to the end and then go back, if there wasn't anything else interesting. 


There was a surf shack, but it was closed. I asked around and discovered that the place is just closed for now, because there was an event the day before. Still, there were only around 3 to 4 nipa huts and cabanas in the area and nothing more. You really have the entire beach for yourself.


Duli Beach Resort is the establishment at the far left of the beach. It is owned by a Dutch who was accommodating enough to share a conversation with me. She explained to me that there were issues in running the place and dealing with the local government. It was obvious that she was having a difficult time keeping up the place, but I guess, that's how it is in Palawan. Duli Beach is not a known area, and the place really needs much support in bringing in visitors.


So here I am, trying whatever I can do to promote this most tranquil place. I had my lunch here, thank God, there was a restaurant. There was another guest who was an American who has been staying here for the past 3 weeks already. The prices of their beach chalets are not bad at P2,500. 


The seabreeze was amazing and was inviting enough for me to take a nap. I grabbed one of the beach lounges and settled in, plugging in my earpods and played some tropical beats to doze me off to sleep.



My verdict: Duli Beach is actually my choice of beach. I want to go back with my family or friends and spend 2 nights here. Or take the entire team at work to experience a different and soon-to-be-endangered side of El Nido. I mean, the beach is fantastic, the sand is soft and cool. You'll know from the sinking depth of my footprints.


I woke up after almost 2 hours of sleep (not a nap anymore). I felt safe and wanting to do nothing else. I wasn't prepared to go swimming or anything, since I was already planning to leave El Nido the next day. But I was happy about my joy ride around El Nido, and Duli Beach did a clutch performance in revealing itself. All I can say is, I shall return!


_________________


Duli Beach Resort
+63 947 969 8210 
Rooms start at P4,500 (ask for a discount if you will be staying more than 2 nights)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Us-Usan Island: Guimaras

Nagarao Island: Guimaras